Sunday, June 20, 2010

Vaginisation

I entered the body, dark it was
a thin tunnel slimy
and bending @ sudden corners.
The veins throbbed around me … about to stop
anytime
blip blip … thim thim
I was not afraid – there would be no one to be afraid of
and afraidness cannot happen when one is alone
a-
lone
not lonely
lone-ly

All revolutions had ended.

Vestiges lay around me in the form of dead centres. Decentered and deadened.
Scattered; like cowries. No exchange-value. Neither aesthetic.
I arrived at the famous station
looked at the bag like thing
books called it ‘pear-shaped’.
It had carried babies. Millions of them
interspersed with tumours and cysts – all dead now. Some rotting.
It lay lifeless in front of me.
A stench was oozing out
I touched myself – my skin
It seemed like an other…I had not touched it for so long
It was slimy too…slimy with dead vagina juices
... tired
I saw the shells of some wayward second and third sperms
who had lost the race
there were so many around me…tiny
looked plaintively at me with misty eyes
hundreds of dead gaze – male
hundreds of male-gaze – dead…
The opening to the pear was loose and I walked in. Only stooped a little. Like a low hut-door
I continued to walk through cobwebs of pain – and memories of excruciating maternity

The walk continued until the pear began to close in on me…
...
Slowly.
Surely.

And I became the millionth foetus…waiting in dark and fear
waiting to be born…

1 comment:

Self...

My photo
Kolkata/ Mumbai, India
I try to think...think through; I know mere thinking doesn't change the world. But I also know that self-reflexivity is the first necessary step...the trembling and unsure but so very important step of the toddler.Well, I begun my political journey late enough...have just learnt to barely stand up on my own...and I have miles to go before I sleep...and the woods have always been dark and lovely and deep...

Followers